Wearing a bracelet corsage for prom is a popular tradition and the most common way for girls to wear a corsage with today's trends. Whether you receive your corsage as a gift from your date or decide to make a homemade version yourself, a wrist or bracelet corsage adds elegance and beauty as the final touch to your prom dress.
The Final Piece of the Puzzle
If you're a girl you've probably spent days searching for the perfect dress, shoes, and coordinating bag. Make sure your corsage also gets attention before heading to the dance. As an accessory, your bracelet corsage for prom should coordinate with your dress colors. Ask your date if he is planning to get your corsage and let him know the color of your dress. Guys often need help in the area of choosing colors, so give him a clear idea of what will match up nicely.
If you're a guy, make sure to order the corsage at least a week in advance and keep it in the refrigerator until it's time to pick up your date. Be sure to have a conversation with your date about the corsage and ask her the color of her dress and if she has any flower preferences. If all else fails, order white flowers, since they go with everything. Also, try surprising her with meaningful flower choices.
Making Your Own
If you are going to prom with a group of friends or are feeling crafty, consider making your own bracelet corsage for prom. You can make a corsage arrangement by taking one or two larger flowers and surrounding them with small flowers and ribbon. Some of the tools you might want to use include:
- Dried or fresh flowers, such as carnations, roses or orchids
- Ribbons, pearls, and greenery
- Fabric cut into flowers or leaves
- An elastic band or wristlet
- Green floral tape or craft glue
It's a good idea to do a test run of your corsage before working on the final version. Buy some extra flowers and accessories and make sure you have enough tools to pre-make the design. You'll probably want to assemble it the day before prom and keep it in the refrigerator to stay fresh.
Now that you know the flowers should coordinate with the dress, consider picking special flowers and meaningful colors for your corsage. If you are a guy getting your corsage for your date, you can request what you want from the florist. Each flower has a different meaning that can be incorporated. Try these guidelines for deciding what to choose:
- A rose is a symbol of love with the various colors signifying different things:
- Red roses mean passion
- White roses indicate humility and innocence
- Yellow roses signify friendship and joy
- Pink roses represent admiration and sweetness
- Purple roses represent love at first sight
- Carnations are a symbol of the bonds of affection and love. Like roses, the colors have many meanings:
- Red carnations are a symbol of admiration and the heart aching for its beloved
- White carnations are for innocence, sweetness, and pure love
- Yellow carnations mean rejection and disdain (not a good choice for prom night!)
- Pink carnations say, "I'll never forget you"
- Baby's breath represents everlasting love
- Orchids indicate love and beauty
Purchasing Your Bracelet Corsage for Prom
If you decide to buy a bracelet corsage, USA Flowers and FTD sell a wide array of prom flowers and will give you a personalized gift message to go along with the gift. Your local florist is also a good bet for making a personal selection and for discussing the flowers-whether you are buying a ready-made corsage or assembling your own.