Only once in a lifetime will you be in high school and quotations for high school seniors can sum up the experience. Senior high school quotes are often featured as yearbook quotes with everyone picking a memorable phrase or saying that best suits them.
Tips for Picking Quotes
First of all you might want to ask yourself how you want to be remembered. Are you a class clown, the studious one, class president, or do you defy categorization? Make your quote a reflection of your individual style, but also don't be afraid to surprise people with a saying that brings to life the real you. Keep it lighthearted, but also pick out a quote that your friends will nod their heads to as the perfect saying for you. Here are some more tips:
- Pick your quote with care as it will stick with you as a high school memory.
- Pick a quote that makes you feel good inside or uplifts you.
- Ask your parents or older siblings if they remember their senior quote or have suggestions.
- If you just can't think of a quote on your own, use some quote resources like brainy quote and quote garden.
Quotes From Personal Experience
Did you tell a funny joke recently or send a text message that perfectly illustrated your personality? Ask your friends for advice on picking your senior quote based on something you've actually said. Your quote could look to the past or to the future. It could also be a reflection of your school pride or a sport or activity you love. Some ideas for picking your own sayings:
- Try to remember wonderful phrases you've said about your school or friends.
- Think of a humorous saying you've often used.
- Don't embarrass yourself by sharing something that's too personal.
- Consider using a well-known, but meaningful phrase like "carpe diem".
Quotes From Famous People
Many famous people have contributed meaningful sayings that you can use for your senior quote. Here are some choices:
- Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. -Dr. Seuss
- Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today. -James Dean
- Be the change you wish to see in the world. -Mahatma Gandhi
Quotes from Movies
Take your favorite current movie or an old classic and pick out some great lines. Many scripts and screenplays can be found at Script-o-Rama. Here's some examples of good quotes involving movies:
- Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. -Ferris Bueller
- May the force be with you. -Han Solo
- I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. -Casablanca
Quotes from Songs
Song lyrics are another great way to choose quotations for high school seniors. Use a line or two from your favorite song, band, or even musical. Here are some famous examples:
- I get by with a little help from my friends. -the Beatles
- Go easy… step lightly… stay free. -The Clash
- Forget regret or life is yours to miss. -from the musical Rent
- You can turn off the sun, but I'm still gonna shine. -Jason Mraz
- The pen is in your hands, the rest is still unwritten. -Natasha Bedingfield
Quotations for High School Seniors
Now that you have a better idea about great quotations, pick one that jumps out at you. It is one of the last marks you'll leave behind in your high school experience.