A senior class motto lets a student show his pride in his graduating class, and in his school. Senior class mottos are also used by student councils to put on class T-shirts, water bottles, backpacks, and other class-related items that are sold by the student council to pay for things like senior trip, senior prom, and class events. Choosing a class motto can be a daunting and somewhat terrifying task, and usually the whole graduating class votes on the motto for their class the year before they graduate.
A Few Examples of Senior Class Mottos
If you want to suggest a senior class motto to your graduating class, or if you are on student council and one of your jobs is to pick a few class mottos for your graduating class to vote on, then you may be wondering just where you should look first. There are many different places to look for class mottos or class quotes. You can try looking through your school's old yearbooks, asking teachers or parents for help, writing your own with the help of a few classmates, or you can use the Internet to search for class mottos. Some good examples of a senior class motto are listed below:
- "Sen10ers" (The "I" and "o" are replaced by a one and a zero. This quote will only work for classes graduating in 2010.)
- "Looking ahead, but remembering our past."
- "Every now and then, comes a class like 2010" (If your class graduates in a different year, just replace the "2010")
- You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go." - Dr. Seuss
- "Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." - Henry David Thoreau
- "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
There are many more quotes and mottos about graduation and growing up, you can even write your own if you want to get a little creative. An example of a few quick mottos than can be thought of off the top of your head are:
- "We'll keep one foot in the past, as we take our next step into the future."
- "Four years we'll never forget, even if we did some things we regret."
- "We did it, we're seniors! Now we get to go to college and become freshmen again!"
Uses of Class Mottos
If your class has already chosen their motto, you may be wondering what exactly it will be used for. A few things your high school might use a class motto for are:
- Class t-shirts
- Class bags
- Class water bottles
- Graduation posters
- Graduation invitations
- Class jackets or hoodies
- Class pencils
- Class rings
- Senior memory books
There are, of course, thousands of different things that graduation quotes and mottos can be used for, with a little imagination anything is possible!
No matter what graduation motto you choose, it is sure to be a memorable part of your high school years, and especially your senior year. Being a senior is a special time for a student, and also one of the most fun, but bittersweet years of high school. Remember to enjoy it!