Whether it is your best friend's birthday, or you just want to remind someone how great of a friend you think he or she is, true friend quotes are an excellent way to express how you feel. You can scribble them down in a note, (though passing it in your French class might get you in trouble,) along with a funny drawing or inside joke. True friend quotes are nice to put in birthday and holiday cards that you give to your friends, and they will appreciate that you decided to put the extra thought into your gift or card.
What Are Some True Friend Quotes?
If you are looking for a good true friend quote for a card, note, or even a Myspace comment, then you could pick a quote from your friend's favorite book, song, or movie. You can find many original friend quotes in books and online. The following are some good friend quotes:
- "True friends are hard to find, harder to leave, and impossible to forget." -Unknown
- "A real friend is someone who you can give a single look, and they know exactly what you mean." - Unknown
- "I no doubt deserved my enemies, but I don't believe I deserved my friends." - Walt Whitman
- "Life is an ugly, awful place not to have a best friend" - Sarah Dessen
- "Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
Grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel; But do not dull thy palm with entertainment Of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade." - William Shakespeare
Where to Use Friendship Quotes
Quotes for your friends may be easy to find, but where do you use them? As stated before, you can use them in a birthday card, or in a note you may be passing in a particularly boring class at school. There are, however, many other places where you can use quotes about friendship. Social networking sites such as Myspace, Twitter, and Facebook all have places where you can publicly post a note to your friend, as well as private messenger systems where you can use quotes about life, and about friendship, in private messages to your friends on the social networking site. A few unique ideas for using a quote are:
- Write a quote in your friend's notebook when she isn't paying attention to you. When she goes to write in it again, she will see your thoughtful note.
- Color a picture with the quote written inside of it somehow, for example, draw a sky and write the quote inside of a cloud.
- Give him a book written by his favorite author or that has special meaning for the two of you, and write the quote on the flyleaf in the front.
Sites to Find Quotes
If you want to find a friend quote for a special occasion, the Internet can be a great resource. Many different websites host quotes covering a wide range of subjects, like love and betrayal, as well as quotes about friendship. Some good sites to find friend quotes, or other type of quotes, are:
Friendship is an important part of adolescence, and even adulthood. True friends are something special, and you want to make sure you never forget your real ones. Quotes and poems are a great way to remind your friends just how much you care about them.