There are many different kinds of youth group Bible studies. Sunday school might seem like a boring activity, and the idea of getting up early on a weekend definitely is not the most appealing idea, but some churches have youth services at night as well as on Sunday mornings. Also, if you can manage to get out of bed to attend a morning service, you might have more fun than you thought you would.
Types of Bible Studies
If you are a youth group leader and want to find a good Bible study for your students, there are many places where you can find one. There are youth group Bible studies focused on just about every topic out there, especially ones that are easy for teenagers to relate to.
Good Topics for a Youth Group Bible Study
- A specific book in the Bible, such as Matthew, Job, or Revelations
- Getting along with family members and friends
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Family problems
- Respecting authority
- Dealing with peer pressure
- Reaching out to other teens to share the gospel
- Dealing with temptation
The form that a youth group Bible study is delivered in varies depending on the individual study as well as the topic and the size of the youth group. Larger youth groups often have movie clips and visual aids as a regular part of their lessons. While some smaller groups will also use these methods during classes, many do not have the finances to do it on a regular basis.Bible Study Activity Ideas
- Play a game that helps to get the point of the lesson across in a clear way
- Sing songs or do dances
- Do icebreaker activities
Teaching teenagers can be a challenge at times, but is also rewarding if your heart is in the right place.
Where to Find Youth Group Bible Studies
Sometimes, youth leaders may not have time to create their own lessons every week. If this is the case for you and your youth group, then there are alternatives to writing your own lessons for Bible studies. Christian bookstores, other youth leaders and pastors often collaborate to help create material that can be used in a youth Bible study. Good places to purchase Bible studies are:
- Christian bookstores
- Christian bookstore websites
- Area churches that might loan you material
Amazon.com has several Bible studies:
- To Save A Life (This study is centered around a movie of the same title)
- Doing Life Together
- Creative Bible Lessons From The Life of Christ
- Christian Character: 12 Studies for Individuals or Groups
New Bible studies are released every year and many of them are centered around teenagers and youth groups.
How to Have Interesting Bible Studies
Things that make a Bible study engaging and interesting for teenagers are:
- Video clips and skits
- Bright colors
- Engaging material
- Modern designs and themes
- Music and live music performances
- Fun games and icebreakers
Youth groups can be a fun place for high school and middle school students. Friends teenagers make in youth group can be positive influences later in life, and many of them remain close as they finish high school and transition into their adult years.