Teenage muscle is something that many teens want to have, especially teenage boys, since young men who have large muscles are often considered cool or are admired. Having teenage muscle can also help boys get onto their high school sports teams. Building muscle for the sake of building muscle can also be good for teens as it teaches dedication and keeps them active.
Teenage Muscle Building
While weightlifting is probably the most common and popular form of building teenage muscle, a teen can also build muscle in several different ways.
Ways Teens Can Build Muscle
- By doing farm work or heavy physical labor on a daily basis
- Playing a sport regularly, such as football, though coaches often have their players train with weights
- Running can build muscles in the calves and thighs
- Doing crunches and push-ups helps build abdominal muscle
Benefits of Working Out
There are many benefits of working out.
- Better balance
- Increased energy
- Healthier lifestyle
- Ability to maintain a healthy weight
- It can be fun
- More muscle mass
- Increased endurance
- You may not have as many health problems as you age
Safety Tips When Building Teenage Muscle
If you are a teenager who has decided that he wants to build teenage muscle by lifting weights and going to the gym, then there are several things that you should keep in mind:
- Always have a plan before going to the gym. If you do random exercises, then you will not grow very much muscle and could actually hurt yourself if you try to do an exercise that is beyond your skill level.
- Bringing a friend or two along with you can make working out more enjoyable and can also motivate you to do better in your exercises.
- Make sure to warm up and cool down before and after your workout.
- It is important to have an adult there with you that can keep you from hurting yourself, and who can give you advice on which workouts will be to your advantage.
- Drink plenty of water while you exercise, and after as well, even if you do not feel thirsty. This is especially important if you are exercising while outdoors when the weather is hot.
- Do not push yourself beyond your limits; you could get seriously injured if you do.
- Make sure your parents are okay with you working out daily, especially if you are going to need them to drive you to and from the gym.
- Always have someone there to spot you while you lift weights, since you could get hurt if you overestimate the amount that you can handle and no one is there to help.
Working out is a great way for teenagers to stay healthy and build muscle.