Your senior yearbook picture is your legacy, and what you put as your quote is how people will remember you. It can be hard coming up with a quote to go with your senior picture, so here are some suggestions to get your creative juices flowing.
Motivational Senior Quotes
Motivational quotes are great for the go-getter type of student. These quotes represent all of your hard work, and they tell everyone how brave you will continue to be in the future.
- Fearlessness is a muscle. - Arianna Huffington
- I have stood on a mountain of no's for one yes. - B. Smith
- Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean. - Christopher Reeve
- Do not allow people to dim your shine because they are blinded. - Lady Gaga
- When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful. - Malala Yousafzai
- Every strike brings me closer to the next home run. - Babe Ruth
- Those who achieve great things are the ones willing to be scared, but not scared off. - Richard Branson
- Don't tell me the sky's the limit, there are footprints on the moon. - Paul Brandt
- Throw me to the wolves, and I will return leading the pack. - Author Unkown
Original Motivational Quotes
The following quotes are by Samantha Lease and Tamsen Butler.
- I'm finished with the sidelines.
- Don't fear fear - fear the absence of adventure.
- Leap over uncertainty like it's a low track hurdle.
- Failure isn't the worst thing - never trying is.
- You'll never live your dreams if you're too scared of your nightmares.
- Be amazing.
- Light spreads further than darkness.
- Don't fear the storm. Be the storm.
- What are you waiting for?
- There's nothing to it but to do it.
While graduating from high school is no joke, your yearbook quote can be. Whether making light of your high school experience or just being witty, these quotes are for you:
- If you can't take my sparkle, then stay off my rainbow. - Lydia McLaughlin
- America is becoming so educated that ignorance will be a novelty. I will belong to the select few. - Will Rogers
- I'm not sure how many problems I have because math is one of them. - Author Unkown
- If only opening a Vitamin Water could be classified as working out. - Jim Gaffigan
- Get at least eight hours of beauty sleep. Nine if you're ugly. - Betty White
- Procrastinate now, don't put it off. - Ellen DeGeneres
- You're only as good as your last haircut. - Fran Lebowitz
- You can't make everybody happy. You are not a jar of Nutella. - Twitter user SouthrnPinUpMom
- Once you can accept the universe as matter that is expanding into nothing as something, wearing stipes with plaid is easy. - Albert Einstein
Original Funny Quotes
The following quotes are by Samantha Lease and Tamsen Butler.
- I laugh in the face of an uncertain future. *insert laughter*
- Slow is still a speed.
- Dear Adulthood: This is the start of a beautiful friendship.
- Be bold. Be confident. Show life who's boss. Never serve detention again.
- They kept asking me, "What are you waiting for?" So I told them, "Well, to graduate, obviously."
- This is my senior yearbook quote. You're impressed.
- I'm still deciding on my senior yearbook quote.
- I'm pretty sure I'll never use algebra again in my life.
- Wait...when are senior yearbook quotes due?
- Sorry for my awkward years.
Who doesn't need an inspirational reminder from time to time? Graduating is a very important time in one's life, and inspirational quotes are the way to go when in doubt. Superb suggestions include:
- Maya Angelou
- You have to be authentic, you have to be true, and you have to believe in your heart. - Howard Schultz
- Purpose is what creates true happiness. - Mark Zuckerberg
- I really believe when you give to other people, you give to yourself. - Oprah Winfrey
- It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live. - J. K. Rowling
- We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now. - Martin Luther King Jr.
- Tough times never last, but tough people do. - Robert H. Schuller
- Outside of the brain, intelligence is nonverbal. - Deepak Chopra
- Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat. - Malcolm Forbes
Original Inspirational Quotes
These quotes were written by the article authors, Samantha Lease and Tamsen Butler.
- I may stumble, but you'll never see me quit.
- It can only go up from here.
- Dear future self: I hope as you read this you're happy about where life took you.
- Thanks for the preparation, High School! Now I go conquer the world.
- Find what inspires you and march boldly toward it.
- I'm louder than my doubts and stronger than my fears.
- You've come too far to stop moving forward.
- What inspires you? Go do that thing.
- You should want success so badly that you can taste it.
- Uncertainty is not the enemy - hesitation is.
Graduating is something that you should be very proud of. You should brag about it and enjoy your major accomplishment. Even if you are not one to brag about your education, at least brag about yourself. Here are some quotes on confidence:
- Never mind what haters say, ignore them 'til they fade away. - T.I.
- I've never let anyone talk me into not believing in myself. - Muhammad Ali
- I don't think of myself as a rebel, I just say what I think. - Marjane Satrapi
- Confidence is 10 percent hard work and 90 percent delusion. - Tina Fey
- Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face. - Helen Keller
- Trust that you have innate inner resilience and know that it makes you unstoppable. - Tina Lifford
- All you need is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure. - Mark Twain
- The tassel is worth the hassle. - Anne Riekenberg (book title)
Original Confidence Quotes
These quotes are by Samantha Lease and Tamsen Butler.
- I'm body positive - positive that I'll be a somebody!
- The future isn't yet written, but luckily I'm a confident writer.
- There is nothing more attractive than confidence.
- Don't base your lifelong aspirations on a momentary lapse of confidence.
- Surround yourself with confident people and inevitably you'll wind up confident too.
- Confidence helps you realize anything can be accomplished when you work toward your goals.
- It's difficult to not be confident when you realize your loved ones are behind you, cheering you on.
- Be fearless and don't care what others think about you.
- Walk into every room as if you own the place.
Your yearbook quote is a space where you can put whatever you want. Whether it be funny, ironic, inspirational, nonsensical or profoundly deep, it is the place where you can put any answer and not be wrong. Don't forget you can tweak any of these quotes to better fit your needs. Take words out, add words to make the quote more relevant to high school, or keep the quote exactly how it is. This is your time to shine, so enjoy it.