You can send a sweet text message to anyone--your mom, your dad, your friend, your boyfriend--anyone with a cellphone. You aren't limited to sending them within romantic relationships, so if you don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend right now or you aren't far enough into your relationship to send really sweet texts yet, don't worry.
Sweet Messages to Send
- Have a fantastic day!
- Remember the last movie we saw? That was the best time I've had with you.
- Can't wait to see you.
- I love it when you text me in the morning!
- Have a safe trip.
- Want me to pick up coffee/candy bar for you?
- Two more days until we get to hang out :)
- A creative way to show you care is to send, "noh ss!w !" with instructions to turn the message upside down. When you do, it reads, "I miss you."
- There is this amazing guy, and I like him a lot...his name is [your crush's/boyfriend's name]
- Good luck on your presentation/test.
- I knew you could do it! <3
- I wish you were here right now (emoji of boy and girl holding hands)
- Thanks for making me feel so special when I am with you.
- Can we rearrange the alphabet to put U and I together?
- My life is a jigsaw puzzle, and you're the missing piece.
- What do you call two birds in love? Tweet hearts.
- Love holding your hand... everyone knows I'm yours :)
- My friends say I talk about you all the time, but that's because I can't stop thinking about you.
- Waiting patiently to shower you with kisses.
- Thanks for the ride. You're the best!
- I saw the most beautiful sunrise this morning, and it made me think of you.
- You + Me + (insert a type of date you'd both enjoy) = <3 on Friday/Saturday
- Thanks for the smile. You brightened my day.
- I'm falling for you.
- I love holding your hand.
- How did I get so lucky to have you in my life?
- So... you're not the sun, but you're just as hot.
- Thinking of you.
- Ugh, why does it hurt so much when I miss you?
- When can I see you again?
- I'm attracted to you like a paper clip to a magnet.
- Thank you for all that you do for me!
- Text him when you are in a group of friends and say: "I like hanging out with our friends, but I'd rather be alone with you."
- Stop making me think about you! I'm busy.
- Send him only emojis: Movie, plus sign, pizza slice, question mark
- Put both of your names in a love compatibility test. Send a screenshot of the results to your crush.
- Steps to happiness: You + Me + Dinner
- You were in my dreams last night, and it was great.
- I was just thinking about you. It made me smile.
- Send him a photo of what you're looking at or doing. Say, "Thought of you when I saw this."
- I'm trying to study, and you keep popping into my head!
- I'm so bored. Come save me?
- Text: You give me... and then follow that up with a GIF of butterflies.
- Instead of going to the party, do you want to just stay in and watch Netflix?
- I've been telling my friends about you :) They are SO jealous.
- I may not be a photographer, but I can picture us together!
- I can't wait to watch your game on Friday. I love knowing that you're mine.
- Ugh, I am trying to fall asleep, but you're keeping me awake!
- You're the Rose to my Jack...except I don't die in the end.
When Words of Your Own Won't Suffice
Sometimes, it's difficult to express what you're feeling. It could make you feel more vulnerable to send sweet texts that you created on your own. You can send bits of song lyrics, poetry, or sweet quotes to express your feelings, too. If you're at a loss for words of your own, try:
- Famous Poets and Poems, for an easy way to choose the appropriate theme for what you're feeling. Choose from poems about relationships, moms, dads, friends, apologies and more.
- Futurescopes offers a list of things to text your boyfriend. For additional ideas, there are more sweet texts to send to your girlfriend at Futurescopes. Check both because many of them can be sent to a male or female.
- All Best Messages has sweet texts for everyone.
Before You Send That Text
Before you dash off that sweet message to someone, there are a few things you will want to consider.
Send Well-Received Messages
Make sure the message will be well-received. Don't say something you have never said before. That doesn't mean you can't word what you're feeling in a way you've never expressed it before. That just means you shouldn't go to the next level via text. If you've decided you love your boyfriend, but you haven't said it in person yet, don't send it in a text! If you've decided you like your friend as more than "just a friend," again, don't text it. Some conversations and comments are better saved for face-to-face moments, even in today's high-tech society.
Timing Is Important
Send it at a good time. If it's summer, and you don't know when the object of your affection wakes up, don't send a text at 6 a.m. Just because you're an early bird, that doesn't mean he is, and the beeping phone may make him more annoyed than warm and fuzzy. Similarly, don't send a text at midnight unless you know he routinely stays up that late.
Send it to the Right Person
There's almost nothing more awkward than sending a text to your mom that you meant to send to your boyfriend. You really don't want her reading all about how you want to kiss your boyfriend, cuddle up next to him to watch a movie on Friday, or how looking into his eyes makes you happier than anything else on the planet, do you? Always check one more time before pressing "Send" to avoid embarrassing situations.
Ease Up on the Text Speak
Go light on the abbreviations and symbols at first. Until you know he's familiar with the texting symbols and abbreviations you tend to use, try to go light on them. Confusion will kill the moment you were trying to create by sending him a sweet text, and he'll have to wait for your response after he sends back, "Huh?" Emojis aren't bad to use though.
A Time for Sweet Texts
As long as you're not interrupting sleep or announcing your love for the first time, there's not a bad time for sending a sweet message. Send them throughout the week to show people you care and that you're thinking of them, even when you can't spend time with them. They're a quick and easy way to brighten someone's day. Get creative with your messages, or just have fun searching for the perfect quote or bit of poetry to express what you're feeling at the time. Just be yourself.