Books on How to Build Good Christian Friendships for Teens
There are many books on how to build good Christian Friendships for teens. These include topics such as teaching teens to be loyal, honest, good listeners, and true to their own hearts and advice on fostering friendships and relationships that serve a higher purpose.
The Bible is an obvious choice for a good book for Christian teens to learn about friendships. It has been adapted so that it's fun and easy for young people to read. You'll find a variety of Bible resources online.
Youth Group Friendships
Youth groups encourage Christian teens to keep coming to church and bringing their friends. Good youth group leaders help to create a sense of friendship and community.
For tips on how to create strong youth ministires, check out the books Uncommon Youth Ministry by Jim Burns and Sustainable Youth Ministry by Mark DeVries. Both are available at your local bookstore or online.
Boy Meets Girl
Many teens have rocky friendships and relationships with the opposite sex. Books on how to build good Christian Friendships for teens should teach about good communication and self-respect for all kinds of situations. Titles to check out include the following:
- Eyes Wide Open by Mariana Caplan is a book to help teen girls stay pure in their hearts and minds, including in text messages and online.
- I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris is a classic Christian teen dating book.
Real Life Stories
Books that teens can relate to can be very effectives in helping give examples of how to build Christian friendships. Books with relevant stories that teen guys and girls will enjoy include the following:
- Remember Why You Play by David Thomas and Chris Hogan is a true life story about two football teams, one of which is a Christian team.
- To Save a Life by Jim Britts and Rachel Britts is a story about two guys who grew up as best friends and then start to go their separate ways in high school.
Books That Build Self-Esteem
The basis for being a good Christian friend is to first be a good friend to yourself. Look for books about building self-esteem and treating yourself right:
- Empowering Teens to Build Self-Esteem by Suzanne E. Harrill
- A Girl's Guide to Life by Katie Meier