Graduation card messages are important to some teens. For some people, messages will be remembered for as long as a yearbook quote. To others, graduation card messages aren't that important but the value that others may place on it is acknowledged. Even parents, relatives and friends understand what they put in a graduation card can personally affect teens. Whatever your view on the value of the message, it's helpful to have some guidance on what to put in the card!
Types of Graduation Card Messages
Like yearbook quotations, message can be happy, funny or something entirely different. There are numerous types of messages that can be put in a graduation card. Types of messages include:
One of the most popular types of messages on a graduation card is inspirational. This type of message shows teens the road ahead. Inspirational quotes also work in graduation cards as the whole concept of graduation is so focused on the future and the unknown, it is nice to have a kind note of hope.
Examples of inspirational messages:
- May your dreams become as real your every day, your fears become as far away as the moon and your life to stay as bright as the sun.
- They say that the future is only what you make of it. I'm confident you'll use all of your skills to make yours great.
- Don't let the fear of the future keep you from making it the present.
- Congratulations on making it this far! I look forward to seeing how much farther you make it in the future!
- Your time in high school was well spent. I hope the rest of your years have as much success.
Humorous messages in graduation cards can really help your card stand out from all the rest.
A few examples of funny messages include:
- Wait, you graduated? How did that happen! All of the best to you!
- If I had a penny for all the times I thought you'd get this far....well, I'd be quite poor. Congrats!
- Graduation means you're only one day closer to retirement! Relish the moment!
- I can't believe your graduating. No, really - I can't. Congrats - I never thought it would happen!
- I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop - we can't actually be graduating!
With all of the cards sent and received around graduation time, some people use card messages that reflect the relationship they have with the graduate. Being personal doesn't always have to hint at a deep relationship - sometimes a quick acknowledgment of a friendship is enough.
Examples of personal messages include:
- I remember that time we sat on the swings and thought we were infinite. I hope the rest of your life feels like that!
- I'm so glad we'll be living together in college next year! Here's to the next best four years of our lives!
- Homeroom would have never been the same without you falling asleep next to me. Thanks for the memories!
- Growing up on the farm along with you was an experience. I'm so glad to have the experience of graduating now with you too!
- I never thought this day would happen. I still remember trading lunches on the playground and now we have diplomas. Thanks for everything over the years!
Thoughtfulness in Your Messages
Whether you've been taking the time to figure out exactly what you want to put in graduation card or are only interested in getting a few ideas, remember to take the time to put some thought into it. After all, graduation is a time in your life that you and the people around you are likely to remember for some time.