If your birthday is coming up and you're searching for some beautiful makeup looks for teens that are easy to recreate, then look no further! The following ideas will re-vamp your usual makeup routine and ensure that all eyes are on the birthday girl on her special day.
Bold and Girly
For a bold and feminine makeup aesthetic, try an intense smoky eye coupled with gentle pink tones.
- Use a light gray eyeshadow across each eyelid and under your lower lashes. Then use a contour color, like charcoal, in each crease and blend outwards.
- Take a black liquid eyeliner and draw a line just above your upper lashes and just below your lower lashes. To accentuate the eyes even further and create a feline vibe, flick the ends of the upper lash line from each outer corner at a 45-degree angle and then finish off your lashes with a few coats of black mascara.
- Comb your eyebrows and apply an eyeshadow powder that's one or two shades darker than your natural brows. Make sure to leave them fluffy so that the attention is focused on your smoky eye.
- After you've applied foundation, use a rosy-pink blush on the apples of your cheeks to give you a natural flush.
- To complete the look, apply a soft pink lipstick that complements the hues within your smoky eye.
Bright and Playful
If you've organized a special event for your birthday and love bright and playful makeup looks, then this option is a guaranteed head-turner.
- Apply a vivid eyeshadow color (like fuchsia) over each lid and in the crease. Take a contrasting eyeshadow color that's equally as striking (like lavender) and apply it underneath your lower lashes to add interest to your eyes.
- Take a black eyeliner pencil and line both your upper and lower lashes. Apply a few coats of black volumizing mascara and define your eyebrows using a pencil to create a prominent, dramatic aesthetic.
- Keep your face stripped back with a BB cream or tinted moisturizer and a hint of pink blush on the apples of your cheeks.
- Finish off this pretty, playful look with a slick of lip gloss that matches one of your eyeshadow hues -- and a few stick-on sequins at your temples for good measure.
This gorgeous, grungy makeup look is perfect for teens who have an alternative, alluring fashion style.
- Apply eyeshadow to each eyelid in a dark hue (such as forest green, coffee brown, or plum purple) and then use a darker shade as a contour in the crease. Proceed to line your lower lashes with a black eyeliner pencil for the ultimate punk princess look.
- Define your eyebrows with a gel or pomade that's a shade darker than your natural hue. Also apply a few coats of black volumizing mascara to your lashes to make your eye area stand out even further.
- Apply a light coverage of foundation and keep it matte to create a killer eyes-and-lips combo.
- Apply a bronzer diagonally underneath your cheekbones to enhance the dark tones in this aesthetic.
- Finish off your gothic makeup with a deep brown, red, or purple lipstick.
To add a bit of birthday sparkle to your look, consider implementing this glittery makeup idea.
- Apply a standout eyeshadow over each lid, in the crease, up towards your brow bone, and under your lower lashes.
- Draw further attention to your eyes by lining your upper lashes with a black liquid eyeliner and extending this line outwards at a 90-degree angle. Finish with several coats of black mascara to plump up the volume.
- Apply a BB cream or tinted moisturizer as a base and then use a highlighting product to accentuate your cheekbones, the bridge of your nose, your cupid's bow, the center of your chin, and the center of your forehead.
- Instead of using a contouring product, grab some face glitter and apply it diagonally underneath your cheekbones where you would usually apply bronzer and up towards your temples.
- Finish your glamorous, glitzy aesthetic with metallic gold lipstick.
Ideal for your birthday party or a dinner out with friends, this makeup look is classic, ravishing, and timelessly elegant.
- Apply a metallic eyeshadow in gold or silver over each eyelid, in the crease, under your lower lashes, and up towards your brow bone. Use a complementary contour hue that's two or three shades darker than your skin tone and work it into your crease and the outer corners of your eyes.
- To bring out your eyes even further, use a black eyeliner pencil under your upper lashes and above your lower lashes. Alternatively, you can skip this step for a more authentic appearance. Finish your lashes with a few slicks of black mascara.
- Comb your brows using an eyebrow gel that will make them look polished and pristine.
- Apply foundation and then use bronzer diagonally underneath your cheekbones. Add a touch of dark blush on the apple of your cheeks to create a natural glow.
- Complete your graceful makeup aesthetic with classic red lipstick to allow your lips to take center stage.
Showcase Your Personality
There are many makeup looks that will help you to shine on your birthday. However, take your time to experiment with what works for you and your personality.