Inspirational teen quotes about life often feature motivating themes to help young adults get through school, relationships, and extra-curricular activities such as sports. Quotes for teenagers that are inspirational work great as high school yearbook quotes or motivational wall decor at home and at school.
Inspirational Quotes About Teenage Life
Teenage life is unique because you've got more independence than you did as a kid, but you're not quite allowed to be totally free like an adult. These inspiring quotes about teenage life can help you move from one phase to the next.
- The sky is full of stars and there's room for them all to shine.
- A door is an entrance or an exit, never an obstacle.
- High school is only 1/20 of your life, it's but a blip on the radar.
- You have one job as a teen and that is to enjoy life without borders.
- You might not have the power to make every decision in your life, but you always have the power to make your life your decision.
- The teen years are where most people figure out exactly who they are.
Inspirational Quotes About Teenage Relationships
All relationships, from romantic to family and friendships, take center stage during your teenage years. Use true friend quotes and quotes about love to help you stay focused on these important relationships.
- When you open your mind, and open your heart, you'll always see that there's an open door.
- You're meant to find yourself in high school, not your soulmate.
- When you look beyond the rules and expectations, you'll see that parents are people too, people who acted exactly like you.
- Friendships are the one thing you learn in high school that you'll always have need for.
- Love looks different at every age, and it looks most exciting when you're a teenager.
- Think of dating in high school like trying free samples, see what's available before you commit.
Inspirational Quotes for Troubled Teens
If your life feels too chaotic or depressing, don't lose hope. There's always something in life to look forward to if you choose to see it.
- Showing is always more powerful than telling, so let them see who you want to be.
- Starting when you're down means you can only go up.
- Others have the right to believe whatever they want, but what matters is what you believe.
- Those who play on the easy levels in the game of life never show as much skill as those who play the harder levels.
- Your life is meant to be about being the best you possible, and you're the only one who knows what that looks like.
- Today might suck, and tomorrow too, but every day has the potential to be great if you make it so.
- Where you came from isn't as important as how it helped you grow.
Quotes to Inspire Teenage Girls
Quotes for teenage girls can inspire you to look beyond gender stereotypes and superficial norms to see what a woman can be.
- Who won prom queen only matters for that one day, who succeeds in life matters always.
- Ask any honest woman and she'll tell you, the best years of your life are yet to come.
- You are not defined by your looks or social status, what defines you is what you decide.
- Every great woman started as a young girl, so you're halfway there.
- The glass ceiling is cracking and you could be the one to shatter it to pieces.
- Being a girl has its perks and its drawbacks, but they are yours and you should own them.
Quotes to Inspire Teenage Boys
Whether it's love or sports, inspiring quotes for a teen boy can help you navigate this sometimes confusing phase of life.
- Every day is a new adventure waiting to be found.
- Be the best at what you're good at, stop striving to succeed at what they say a man should be.
- Strength is a power of the mind, not the body.
- You don't have to be Prince Charming, he's a fictional character. You just have to be the best version of you and that will be exactly what some girls are looking for.
- Those good ol' boys the old guys talk about originated in high school.
- All successful men, in any career field, were told "No" when they were teenagers.
Inspirational Quotes for Teens From Pop Culture
Some of the most inspiring quotes for teens are crafted by songwriters and screenplay writers for TV or movies. Let one of these thoughtful lines be the motivation you need to push through high school.
Uplifting Quotes for Teens from Popular Songs
If you need inspiration on a variety of topics, just turn on the radio and you'll find tons of uplifting motivation.
- "You can't spell 'awesome' without 'me," from Taylor Swift's Me! is one of many great quotes from the song.
- "One small spark can turn into a flame," is one inspirational lyric from Tegan Marie's Keep it Lit.
- Lil Nas X gives the ultimate motivation when singing, "I'm gonna ride 'til I can't no more." in Old Town Road.
- Selena Gomez inspires people to leave behind bad relationships singing, "I needed to lose you to love me," in Lose You to Love Me.
- "While you're tremblin', that's when the magic happens and the stars gather by your side," from Beyoncé's song Spirit can help you find motivation in tough times.
- Lizzo's Truth Hurts is full of girl power with lines like, "Yeah, I got boy problems, that's the human in me, bling bling, then I solve 'em, that's the goddess in me."
Encouraging Quotes for Teens from TV and Movies
From books made into movies to your favorite Netflix shows, the things you watch are also filled with inspiring quotes for every situation.
- Jonathan reassures his brother with a little inspiration for anyone who feels weird in Stranger Things saying, "Nobody normal ever accomplished anything meaningful in this world."
- Nancy's mom offers the best motherly motivation in Stranger Things when she says, "If you believe in this story, finish it."
- One of Tyrion Lannister's famous inspirational quotes from Game of Thrones is, "Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness."
- "It may seem like a small role now, but it matters. In the end, everything matters," is an uplifting quote from 13 Reasons Why.
- A great quote from The Sun is Also a Star is, "Everyone we meet, everyone we love, how we got here, what path we choose, and who we choose to remember, they are all a part of our story. But we cannot allow the story to be written for us."
- In the Disney movie Brave, Merida shares, "Our fate lives within us; you only have to be brave enough to see it."
Inspiration Just for Teens
Inspirational quotes for students in high school provide hope for the future and the motivation needed to get past any struggles. Being a teenager is a unique experience and so are the inspirational quotes that help young people strive for greatness.