Truth or Dare is a popular party game often played at adventure camps, retreats, or overnight events like sleepovers. It's a great icebreaker and provides an opportunity to get to know friends a little better. However, it can be difficult to come up with more than one or two questions or good dares.
Ideas for the Truth or Dare Questions
When trying to come up with your questions for truth or dare, it is important to figure out what type of questions you're looking for. Whether you want something embarrassing or just want to know more about the participants, there are a few basic questions that you can use. These fun questions are sure to make for a good, harmless time while playing truth or dare.
Relationship Truth Questions
- Who was your first crush, or who is your current crush?
- How old were you when you had your first kiss?
- What would you do if your current boyfriend/girlfriend ended things right now?
- Have you ever cheated on a boyfriend/girlfriend?
- Have you ever been cheated on by a boyfriend/girlfriend?
- If you could go on a date with anyone in the room who would it be?
- What is the most awkward moment you've ever had on a date?
- If you could kiss a celebrity without it impacting your current relationship, who would it be?
- What would you do on the perfect first date?
- Of all the people you know, who has the most beautiful eyes?
- If you could marry one teacher in the school, who would you pick and why?
- Pick one person in the group, what is some honest relationship advice you would give them?
- What were your first impressions of me (the person asking the question)?
- What personality traits would cause you to end a friendship?
- Would you go behind a friend's back with a crush?
- Have you ever lied to your best friend?
- Would you ever cheat off a friend's paper?
- How many best friends have you had during your lifetime?
- If you were stuck on a deserted island which friend would you want with you?
- Which person here knows something about you that you wouldn't want revealed?
- What are the three qualities you feel are most important in a friend?
- What would make you lie for your friend?
- What is the first thing that comes to your mind about the person on your left?
- How long have you gone without showering?
- What don't you want anyone in this group to ask you? (Be sure to keep it in mind for future rounds!)
- Have you ever told a lie during a game of Truth or Dare? What was it and why?
- Have you ever had a crush on anyone here?
- What do you think about while sitting on the toilet?
- What's your scariest nightmare?
- What do you think is your biggest physical flaw?
- Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
- What kind of pajamas do you wear to bed?
- What's the dumbest thing you've ever done on a dare?
- What color is your underwear?
- Have you ever peed in the swimming pool?
- Where is the strangest place you've used the bathroom?
Hopes and Dreams Questions
- If you weren't here, what would you be doing?
- If you couldn't go to the college or get the job of your dreams, what would you do?
- Have you ever had a crush on anyone here?
- What is one thing you've never told anyone else?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What kind of person do you want to marry someday?
- Do you want to have kids? How many?
- If you could switch places with someone for a day who would it be?
- If you could invent anything, what would it be?
- If you knew the world was about to end, what would you do?
- If you could be born again, who would you come back as?
- Imagine yourself as a college student... what would you be like?
- If you could be a Disney character, who would you be and why?
- Are you scared of dying? Why?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What happened on the worst day of your life?
- Have you ever climbed a tree?
- Have you ever sang and danced in the grocery store?
- If you could be a superhero, what would your power be?
- What would you do if you were invisible for a day?
- If your life were made into a movie who would play you?
- What's your biggest pet peeve?
- What is your special talent?
- What's the best meal you've ever had?
- What's you favorite Disney movie and why?
- What would you do with a million dollars if you ever won the lottery?
Secret Fun Questions
- What do you collect that no one knows about?
- What is your baby nickname?
- What book are you embarrassed to have read?
- Have you ever stolen anything?
- What do you eat when you can choose anything and no one is around to see?
- What kids' movie do you still secretly watch over and over?
- Have you ever danced in front of the mirror?
- Which song are you embarrassed that you love?
- What is something you've never told anyone?
- Do you sleep with a blanket or stuffed animal?
Family Trivia Questions
- Given the choice, would you want to hang out with your parents?
- What does your sibling know about you that no one else does?
- Which family member are you most like?
- Who in your family are you afraid you'll turn out like some day?
- Who in your family has seen you cry in the last year?
- Do you choose to hang out with your siblings?
- What do you and your siblings do when no one else is home?
- What's the worst thing you've ever said to your parents?
- What do you parents do that you don't want anyone else to see?
- Have you ever blamed your sibling for something that was actually your fault?
- What was your childhood nickname (and why)?
Questions About Broken Rules
- Have you ever kept a library book instead of returning it?
- Have you ever cheated on a test?
- Have you ever done something against the law?
- Did you ever fake illness to get out of school or another event?
- Have you ever pretended to be older or younger than you are to be able to do something?
- Have you ever snuck into a movie you weren't supposed to see?
- Have you ever told your parents you were somewhere you weren't?
- Have you ever been late for curfew?
- Have you ever been in trouble with the police?
- Have you ever been to the principal's office?
Awesome Dare Questions for Teens
For dares, ask the person requesting the dare to do something. Remember that you should never dare a friend to break the law or do something dangerous. The game is supposed to be fun, and the entertainment will quickly come to an end if someone is hurt or the police are called.
Food and Drink Dares
- Drink a mystery brew concocted by the rest of the group. Make sure there is nothing harmful or dangerous in the concoction and set a reasonable limit of sips the person must take to complete the dare.
- Eat a mouthful of crackers and try to whistle.
- Crack an egg on your head.
- Combine two foods that should never go together, such as pickles and peanut butter or applesauce and olives, and eat a huge bite.
- Stand next to the refrigerator (or food pack if you're camping), close your eyes, and randomly point to something inside. Keep your eyes shut while someone from the group helps you eat some of the food you picked.
- Pretend to be a waiter or waitress and take snack orders from everyone in the group. Bring them the food they ordered and then check back to see if they like it.
- Eat a snack without using your hands.
Public Embarrassment Dares
- Go outside and sing a clip of your favorite Disney song at the top of your lungs.
- Prank call someone you know (perhaps another girl in the group that couldn't make it that night).
- Ask the neighbors to borrow a cup of sugar.
- Post a YouTube video of you singing a currently popular song.
- Call someone you think is attractive and pay that person a compliment about his or her best feature.
- Update your status on social media using only words that start with the letter "T."
- Let everyone in the group style your hair and take photos.
- Go outside and shout at the top of your lungs, "I am [your name]! Hear me roar!"
- Moonwalk while a friend takes a video.
- Paint each toenail and fingernail a different color and keep the polish on for a week.
- In your next class, raise your hand each time the teacher asks a question and give the answer (if you can!!)
- Pick your nose in front of the group and eat it!
- Do a belly dance for the group.
- Exchange shirts with the person next to you for the next round of questions.
- Wear a funny hat on your head for the next three rounds of questions.
- Wear your pants backward for the rest of the game.
- Take off your socks and wear them on your hands for the rest of the evening.
- Make a headdress out of toilet paper and pose for photos.
- Switch clothing with someone of the opposite gender. Change in private, but wear the clothes for the next four rounds.
- Get a large garbage bag and cut the bottom open. Put it on like a skirt and tie the ties around your waist. Act like you are modeling couture on the catwalk.
- Take 10 minutes to come up with an outfit that has every color of the rainbow. Borrow things from friends as you need to.
- Find something to wear as a cape and act like a superhero.
- Set up a tea party between any of the stuffed animals in the house. Invite the girls in your group to join.
- Tell them they have to do a logic puzzle and if they don't finish it within 3 minutes - you will give them an embarrassing dare!
- Say the alphabet backward in a British accent.
- Run around the room imitating a monkey.
- Give someone in the group a piggyback ride around the room.
- Make up a rap about the person to your right.
- If there is a pet at the event, try to hold the pet for the rest of the night.
- Pretend that you're swimming underwater for the next three rounds of questions. Don't forget to make bubbling noises and come up for air from time to time.
- Everything you say for the rest of the game has to rhyme.
- Repeat everything another player says for the next three rounds of the game.
- Sing instead of speaking for the next two rounds of the game.
- Call the first person on your contact list and sing them happy birthday.
Make It a Fun Party Game for Everyone
The game of truth or dare can be loads of fun. However, if you come across something that you or someone in the group doesn't want to answer or do, don't get swept up in the game. Present that person with another truth question or dare to keep the game going. Remember, these people are going to be your friends after the party game. Don't do anything to mess that up!